MyOffers Company Information
Effective as from: 24-06-2020
We are a direct marketing organisation called MyOffers 2019 Limited "MyOffers" registered in England and Wales under company registration number 12199927, whose registered office is at Green Heys, Walford Road, Ross-On-Wye, Herefordshire, HR9 5DB and is a subsidiary of DM Ltd.
We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office.
We operate under the brand names MyOffers and Testers Keepers and we run a competition site where we promote we run marketing questionnaires on behalf of some of the leading UK brands to help them target their products and services better. For those of you that enter competitions and prize-draws by using our Website, our Website incorporates privacy controls which affect how we will process your personal data. By using the privacy controls, you can specify whether you would like to receive communications including (but not limited to) direct marketing communications. You can access the privacy controls via our Website at https://www.myoffers.co.uk/account, by signing in and clicking on 'My Account'. You can also at any time amend or update your personal data and other details via our Website at https://www.myoffers.co.uk/account, by signing in and clicking on 'My Account'.
Our offices are at Sunningdale, The Belfry Business Park, 13 Colonial Way, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 4WH and you can contact us by phone on 01923 478075 where you can speak to the Compliance Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
The data that you provide us is for the following purposes:
Direct Marketing - our brands MyOffers and Testers Keepers will contact you by email, SMS or telephone to ask you questions for marketing purposes. We also share your details with selected companies who want to contact you by telephone and post to offer you goods and services that we believe will be of benefit to you.
Profiling - we will profile your information for marketing purposes to help our clients deliver marketing communication that is more relevant to you. We will never make automated decisions about you which would have a negative impact on your rights.
ID Protection & Tracing - we will also share your details with credit reference and identity verification organisations which help other organisations verify your identity and prevent others from misusing your details.
You can ask us to stop processing or sharing your details at any time now or in the future.
In writing to: The Data Protection Officer, MyOffers 2019 Limited, Sunningdale, The Belfry Business Park, 13 Colonial Way, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 4WH;
By email to: email@example.com.
By telephone on: 01923 478075
Your data must be processed by us using one of the valid legal bases defined by the Regulations. This is summarised in the table below:
|Purpose||For use by ourselves||For use by third parties|
|Promotion – Publication of winners and reviewers on MyOffers website||Consent||Not applicable|
|Marketing – by email||Consent||Not applicable – unless you provide specific consent for a named organisation|
|Marketing – by SMS||Consent||Not applicable - unless you provide specific consent for a named organisation|
|Marketing – telephone||Consent - where your number is registered on the Telephone Preference Service.||Legitimate Interest - where your number is not registered on the Telephone Preference Service.|
|Marketing – by post||Legitimate Interest (where you are registered on the Mailing Preference Service we will ask for your specific consent).||Legitimate Interest - (where you are registered on the Mailing Preference Service we will ask for your specific consent).|
|Tracing, ID verification and credit reference||Legitimate Interest||Legitimate Interest|
|Profiling and analytics||Legitimate Interest||Legitimate Interest|
In short this is where you consent to a specific organisation, to contact you by a communication channel or channels which you have agreed to, for specific reasons, which in the context of our processing will be for marketing purposes. When we ask for your consent for a specific organisation, we will do so by giving you the opportunity to tick a box online or answer a question on the phone.
You can of course withdraw your consent at any time and we will describe how later on in this policy.
- We obtain consent for our brands to contact you by telephone where your number is registered on the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) or by email and SMS.
- To pass your contact details to named third parties where Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation (PECR) applies such as email marketing or where your telephone number is registered with the TPS
- To pass your contact details to named third parties where your postal address is registered with the Mailing Preference Service (MPS).
- Where our client has specifically asked us to gain your consent to pass on your details.
- We obtain your consent for using your personal information for promotional purposes. If you enter a competition on our website and are a winner, we will publish your name, picture and comment on our website.
- All cookies & similar technologies which do not meet the "strictly necessary" exemption under PECR.
As a direct marketing business we process personal information for various legitimate business purposes which include some or all of the following:
- To enhance our services for the benefit of our customers including verification and validation
- To help make the communication more relevant and contextual
- To better understand how our customers interact with our services
- To provide direct marketing communications which we think will be of interest to you
- To determine the effectiveness of our and our clients promotional campaigns
- To identify and prevent fraud
These legitimate business purposes relate to the following activities:
- Direct Marketing - Postal and telephone marketing by both MyOffers and other third parties, but in either case communications will be in relation to products or services which we believe are of interest to you based upon information which you have provided us.
- Profiling - We will profile your information for marketing purposes to help our clients deliver marketing communication that is more relevant to you (for more information, please refer to the profiling section)
- ID Protection & Tracing - This is in relation to appropriate agencies which we have listed below which could help protect your identity and prevent fraud.
We process your data in the following ways:
- To pass on your personal information to our clients for marketing purposes who will send postal marketing to you, (except where you are registered with the MPS) or contact you by telephone (except where you are registered with the TPS). Marketing will only ever be from organisations operating within the industry sectors described below.
- To call you where your telephone number is not registered on the TPS.
- To process your personal information for the purposes of customer analysis, non-automated profiling and direct marketing, to help us with our activities and to provide you with the most relevant information as long as this does not harm any of your rights and interests.
- To pass to our clients for use including tracing of individuals, verification and/or validation of the identity of individuals for the purposes of, but not limited to, anti-money laundering regulations, national security, crime prevention and detection, anti-fraud processes, asset recovery and asset reunification. More information on this can be found in the Credit References and other Agencies section.
- To determine the effectiveness of our clients promotional campaigns and advertising, and to develop our products, services, systems and relationships with you.
- Processing your information to protect you against fraud when using our website, and to ensure our websites and systems are secure.
- To pass on your details to companies to help their clients tailor products and services which best suit your needs. They will also use your data for fraud prevention. More information on this can be found in the Marketing Services Providers section.
It is important that we keep your details up to date, therefore we use various methods such as Quick Address Systems (QAS) which is a service provided by Experian Ltd, National Change of Address (NCOA®) which uses information taken directly from the redirection application forms of people who are moving and the Edited Electoral Register (EER) which contains the names and addresses of those voters who have indicated that their details can be used for a purpose other than electoral or statutory use, e.g. for direct marketing use by a commercial or other organisation.
For all types of processing, we apply various measures to carefully protect your privacy rights. In considering the most appropriate legal basis, MyOffers conducted Legitimate Interest Assessments. These are detailed evaluations of each type of data processing activity to ensure that we have balanced the need of the processing against the rights of the individual to ensure minimal privacy impact. This documentation is available by writing to: The Data Protection Officer, MyOffers 2019 Limited, Sunningdale, The Belfry Business Park, 13 Colonial Way, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 4WH; or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org;
As with all your data you can also object to us processing your data in this way. Your rights are detailed below.
Personal data means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly a specific individual. During the course of completing a lifestyle survey we collect different types of personal data from you. This data can be categorised into four types:
|Demographic||This relates to basic information such as your gender, name, date of birth and contact details.|
|Life stage||This relates to information such as marital status, type of employment, household income and presence of children.|
|Lifestyle||This relates to your likes and dislikes or your hobbies and interests, e.g. whether you like to travel.|
|Purchase intent||This relates to things like reducing your household bills or making home improvements.|
We will never collect special category data including medical history, religious or political beliefs and nor will we collect information such as your bank account or credit card details.
You always have the right to refuse to answer any question.
- A. Our Group of Companies and Brands
- B. Groups of recipients within the specific industry sectors listed
- C. Marketing Service Providers
- D. Named clients
- E. Credit Reference Agencies
A. Our Group Companies and brands;
Data Locator Group Ltd
PDV Ltd - PDV is a Data Processor working on behalf of Data Controllers to store, prepare and share data with reputable UK businesses for marketing purposes. PDV works under instruction of the Data Controllers, such as Data Locator Group, who collect information directly from you. To object to the processing of your information please contact PDV by telephone on 0800 093 1551 or by email at email@example.com
Transactis (2017) Ltd
Accolade Publishing Ltd
B. Groups of recipients within specific industry sectors listed below;
|Industry Sector||Examples include, but not limited to:|
|Automotive||e.g. car manufacturers, test drives, servicing, breakdown cover|
|Charity||e.g. animal welfare, disaster relief, children’s medical, elderly, environmental, health|
|Gaming||e.g. bingo, betting, competitions, lottery|
|Leisure||e.g. food & drink, events, museums, cinema|
|Financial Products||e.g. banking, credit cards, investments, loans, mortgages, debt management|
|Insurance||e.g. car, home, life, medical, pet, income protection, travel, warranty products.|
|Health / Mobility||e.g. fitness, beauty, opticians, hearing, care homes, mobility|
|Home Improvements||e.g. house moving, blinds & curtains, insulation, boilers, conservatories, doors & windows, extensions, gardens, solar panels.|
|Wills||e.g. writing new Wills or reviewing existing Wills|
|Funeral Plans||e.g. to arrange and pay for a funeral in advance|
|Mail Order||e.g. catalogues, online retailers|
|Market Research||e.g. to gather information about consumers' opinions and preferences|
|Media||e.g. online, television, radio, newspapers, magazines|
|Retail||e.g. fashion, groceries, electrical goods, comparison sites, discounts, FMCG|
|Telecoms||e.g. landline, mobile phones, broadband, digital TV|
|Travel||e.g. long haul holidays, city breaks, flights, UK breaks, accommodation|
|Utilities||e.g. gas & electricity switching, other household utilities such as water|
From time to time we also supply data to these sectors via agencies/brokers; we ensure that these agencies/brokers are reputable firms.
C. Marketing Service Providers are companies who collect data from Data Controllers, such as ourselves, and help their clients tailor products and services which best suit your needs. They will also use your data for fraud prevention. The Marketing Services Providers we work with are strictly limited to only those organisations who we have completed checks on and who will process your data in strict compliance with all laws, regulations and guidance with regard to Data Protection. We will share your data under strict licence terms and using the legal basis of legitimate interests with the Marketing Services Providers listed below, who like us, will use it to create products and services to help organisations better understand the likely characteristics of their customers; communicate with them more effectively; and find others like them across a range of marketing channels. This will mean that you receive advertising from organisations within the industry sectors listed above, that is more relevant to you via direct mail or when you visit a website, mobile app or watch TV. The Marketing Services Providers will not however advertise their own products or services to you.
The data you share with us may be transferred to a US company which is certified under the Privacy Shield.
Our partners link the personal information we share with them to cookies stored on your browser or device, which will collect information such as your IP address, browser or operating system type and version, and demographic or inferred-interest information
To understand more please click through to the website.
D. Named Clients
E. Credit Reference and Other Agencies
We collect your data and will share it with third parties. These organisations will have a relationship with you or need to use your information where they have a lawful reason, which will include these organisations’ own legitimate interest. Use includes tracing of individuals, verification and/or validation of the identity of individuals for the purposes of, but not limited to, anti-money laundering regulations, national security, crime prevention and detection, anti-fraud processes, asset recovery and asset reunification. You have the right to object to this processing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To understand more please click through to the websites.
Once you are register with MyOffers you will receive a welcome email, and regular newsletters packed with great prizes for you to win. You may also receive further emails and SMS messages describing new prizes and specific events relevant to you as a member of MyOffers.
You have a right to object to such processing see below.
There is information on how you can un-subscribe at the bottom of every email that MyOffers sends out. We provide you the opportunity to 'opt-out' of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. For example, if you answer questions from one of our loans clients but do to apply for a loan you can state not applicable and you will not receive communication from the loan client.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us, We offer an opportunity to opt-out of certain communications on our 'My Account' section on MyOffers - https://www.myoffers.co.uk/account you may contact us at 01923 478075 or MyOffers 2019 Limited, Sunningdale, The Belfry Business Park, 13 Colonial Way, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 4WH.
Profiling enables organisations to better understand who their customers are so they can make their marketing communications more relevant.
We use some of the information you provide to match with our clients data so that they will better understand the characteristics of their customers, such as age, hobbies and interests. This only happens when you are both on MyOffers’s database and you are a customer of our client. We do not give them specific information about you but we will tell them how many of the customers are male/female or live in a certain city. We also help identify whether or not you have similar attributes to a typical customer of our client so they can target you with offers of goods and services tailored to you. We will never profile you on the basis of ethnicity, religion, politics or health as these are not valid reasons for which you should be targeted for marketing purposes and nor do we collect this information. We also do not make automated decisions about you which have a negative impact on your rights. Marketing Services Providers we share your data with can also use profiling to target you for marketing purposes. Once again you can ask us to stop using your data in this way at any time.
We work with suppliers such as Call Centres in the Philippines and India, who call you on our behalf to conduct our surveys under the name of MyOffers. These Call Centres act as our processors under strict instructions from ourselves. We monitor the calls they make to ensure quality is controlled and we regularly inspect their premises and check that security and data protection standards are of the highest quality. We also send data to clients who operate overseas, primarily in the United States and South Africa but under strict contract rules that ensure your personal details are only processed under the same laws that we operate under here in the UK by using one of these safeguards:
- Transfer data to a non-EEA country whose data protection laws have been approved by the Europeans Commission as providing adequate protection for data subjects’ rights.
- Put in place a contract with the recipient that means they must protect data to the same standards as the EEA. This is known a Model Contract Clauses.
- Transfer data to organisations that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield. This imposes stronger obligations on U.S. companies to protect Europeans’ personal data. The Privacy Shield requires the U.S. to monitor and enforce more robustly, and cooperate more with European Data Protection Authorities.
We take your data privacy rights seriously. Whilst the law does not put a time limit on the amount of time we should hold your personal data, MyOffers only wishes to retain data for as long as it is required for the purposes for which it was collected; for as long as it remains accurate and up-to-date; and most importantly, for as long as long as you are happy for us to do so.
- Marketing – where we process your data under consent we will stop using it for marketing purposes after five years. Where we rely on legitimate interests we will continue to process your data for ten years, subject to receiving notification from ourselves that we hold your information.
- Profiling – we will stop using your data for this purpose after ten years.
- Tracing and Credit Reference – as this purpose plays an important function of protecting individuals, we will retain your data for twenty years. However, only basic name, date of birth and contact information is retained for this purpose.
In addition, when completing lifestyle questions you may provide us with information such as the make and model of your car or the newspaper you read. Where information such as this has less use over time, it will be removed sooner than the retention periods detailed above.
It is important that the personal data we hold and process is accurate and up-to-date. Therefore, we regularly refresh the database against suppression lists and remove those who no longer wish to be contacted. As we explain in the section marked What are your rights? you can withdraw your consent to us at any time.
You have a number of rights under the law which include;
B. Right of access - You have the right to contact us verbally or in writing to request details of the information we hold about you.
C. Right of rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information that we hold about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
D. Right to erasure - This is also known as the right to be forgotten and gives you the right to request your information be removed if there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. A word of warning though we keep a list of people who have asked not to be contacted which we use to ensure that you receive no further marketing from our group or clients as a result of our activity. Without this list your data could enter our system again from another source and we would have no record of the fact that you asked us not to contact you.
E. Right to restrict processing - this is the alternative to erasure and gives you the right to tell us to stop processing your data but allowing us to keep enough information about you to ensure that your wishes are respected in the future.
F. Right to data portability - this gives you the right to ask a holder of your information to transfer that information to another business. This right would most commonly used if you were switching banks, insurance companies, utilities companies and mobile phone providers.
G. Right to object - you have the right to object to the processing of your data for marketing purposes and profiling for marketing purposes. You also have the right to ask us to cease processing based on our legitimate interests, where there is no overriding justification for the processing of your data. Your rights and freedoms override our interests.
H. Rights related to automated decision making including profiling - we do not use automated decision making processes which would have a potentially damaging effect on you. But if we did you have the right to obtain human intervention, express your point of view, obtain an explanation of the decision and challenge it.
I. Right to withdraw consent at any time where relevant - you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time and we must provide you with the information to need to do so, at the time we collect your data and each time we contact you. You can withdraw consent in the following ways; In writing to: The Data Protection Officer, MyOffers 2019 Limited, Sunningdale, The Belfry Business Park, 13 Colonial Way, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 4WH; By email to: email@example.com; or By telephone on: 01923 478075
J. Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority - If we cannot deal with your complaint to your satisfaction you also have the right to complain to a relevant supervisory authority which include; The Information Commissioners Office; Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF, or call: 0303 123 1113 or online at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ and The Advertising Standards Authority - https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html
In order to keep consumer records as up to date as possible we use third party products to help us verify and suppress data. We use a product called Experian QAS, supplied by Experian PLC, which uses the Electoral Roll and details given by multiple companies to collate and re-verify consumer information. We also match your data against industry suppression files; Telephone Preference Service (TPS) and Mailing Preference Service (MPS). Managed by the Direct Marketing Association (UK) Ltd, these are central registers of individual’s who do not wish to receive unsolicited marketing calls or direct mail. You can register for these free of charge at www.tpsonline.org.uk and www.mpsonline.org. We also occasionally use the National Change of Address (NCOA®) which uses information taken directly from the redirection application forms of people who are moving. When we do collect information from third parties we always check that they have a valid legal basis to process and share your data with us.
On rare occasions we will be asked to share your information for the prevention of fraud or with regulatory bodies who are investigating complaint made by a consumer